Than you for joining us for the WAFP Virtual Annual Business Meeting. While the Academy has held an annual meeting each of its 70 years in existence, this was the 4th year we have held it virtually. This exciting meeting format conveniently offers members from across the state the chance to participate in WAFP business.
The Virtual Annual Business Meeting is held as a live 1-hour webinar where members have the opportunity to not only hear reports from the board, but also to ask questions and provide feedback.
Highlights from the meeting include:
- Membership vote to approve new officers and members of the board of directors
- Summary of 2017 activities and achievements including:
- Highlights from WAFP's online opioids prescribing course
- Update on WAFP's advocacy efforts including publishing legislative grid, protecting family physician scope of practice, Doctor Day participation
- Leadership development including call to get involved
- Workforce initiatives including those targeted to students and residents
- Updates and information on WAFP-Foundation fundraising efforts to benefit family medicine
- Preview of the Academy's 2018 strategic plan
- Promote "healthy practice" for all members
- Promote family medicine advocacy
- Nurture and develop family physician leaders
- Grow and maintain a family medicine workforce
Stay tuned to learn more about our ongoing efforts. Our website and newsletters are frequently updated to keep you informed.