Each year, the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians is honored to recognize a Family Physician member who has displayed exceptional leadership, compassion for their patients and dedication to advocacy efforts for primary care across Wisconsin.
With the many obstacles and challenges that this past year presented, we decided recognizing just a singular member did not seem justified with the commitment you continue showing to your patients and communities through the COVID-19 pandemic.
You, our Family Physicians, sacrificed so much these last 10 months working tirelessly on the front lines to save lives while grieving loses of your own and trying to maintain your personal health and wellbeing.
Thus, in lieu of selecting one member this year to receive the Family Physician of the Year award, WAFP has decided to recognize and honor all of our Wisconsin Family Physicians as 2020 Family Physician of the Year. We are incredibly grateful for your continued drive, loyalty and commitment to your practices and patients.
Thank you for sharing your time, money and voice in support of Family Medicine and working to enhance healthcare across the state. We look forward to furthering our mission with you this year.
Top 10 Reasons to Celebrate You, our FPs:
1. You play a pivotal role in our nation’s healthcare system.
2. You protect and care for our communities.
3. You are qualified to provide full-scale healthcare for people of all ages.
4. You are a trusted source of medical advice and guidance for the public.
5. You have adapted your practice to provide care during COVID-19.
6. You serve as mentors to medical students, residents and future FPs.
7. You are always learning new skills and ways to improve care for your patients.
8. You help advocate for legislative efforts that support enhancing primary care.
9. You show resilience and dedication to your practice through any challenge.
10. You are truly our healthcare heroes!